1. My putting my goal in public view will get myself in gear and start moving forward
2. Your reading about my journey will motivate you to exercise the same
A BRIEF BACK STORY
I recently read that success is achieved when you have given thought to determine what needs done. Ok, so I agree. There can be no success without a goal. Simply, there is nothing to measure when there is no goal. For me, an undefined goal or even deadline easily creates a life of busy-ness that heads in no specific direction. The goal needs to recognize that future point in time that I can place all my energy and effort and work toward.
So, I must figure out:
What’s my goal? What do I want to achieve
How in the world do I plan to get there.
My wishing upon a star is not going to create a life of wealth, and I am speaking more than finances here.
- Columbus dreamed of an unknown world
- Henry Ford aimed for the day of a horseless carriage
- Thomas Edison visualized a lamp lit by electricity
- The Wright brothers believed a machine could fly through the air
This $10,000 more per month will hopefully prove a few things:
1. My ability to uncover freelance and internet work that provides a 2nd income from my family
2. My skill in growing the side business in such a way that I can eventually make a choice to pursue the side business full time.
You may remember, I already have a full-time job that I really do enjoy. This full-time work currently provides for my family. In 2013, I simply desire to have a more flexible schedule.
My dad died in September 2012, and I realized an even stronger desire for my growing family to have more time near our extended families that currently live 12 hours apart. So rather than choosing to move from our home and city that my family really enjoys, I want to first determine whether I can easily create a flexible work model that will permit extended times with our families during the year.
1. My specific goal: ”By August 29, 2013, I want to earn $10,000 per month, every month.”
2. My proposed revenue plan:
$5,000 5 clients; each paying $1000/month retainer for my servicess
$3,000 Buy & sell broker on Ebay & Amazon
$2,000 Affiliate & product sales from HomeGigz.com
Of course, I will monitor and update the above revenue plan as I move into the year and share the actual revenue generated from the various work.
MY NEXT STEPS:
I have written down the goal and revenue plan on a piece of paper and intend to review it multiple times every day beginning today. As I am praying about this goal & direction as well as meditating on the likelihood of it occurring, I want to get to the point that I can mentally see myself having already completed the goal. Simply, I want to visualize it to the point that as I work to make it happen, with our Lord’s blessing – it actually begins to happen.
And no, I am not promoting the “name it & claim it” mentality. For me – I have found that if I can mentally get myself to the point where I confidently see my goal achieved, I have a strong possibility of it actually happening.
So, here goes. Hold me accountable. Check back for updates and nudge me with questions as my work begins.
What goal are you working toward in 2013?
How are you planning to get there?