Surveys report people tend to be the happiest when they are doing something with meaning, something that they really enjoy. Our vocation or life’s call when married specifically to the types of work we employ can truly combine to deliver a very rewarding work experience financially, as well as emotionally and practically.
Yes, there are still days filled with frustrations and stresses even for those who do achieve that marriage of vocation and work. For those moments, the joy of performing that specific act of service that people believe in their core they were called to do is the illuminating light at the end of the tunnel. The motivation and eagerness to work through those days of funk overcomes the desire to grab the binocular view of the next green pasture.
So this title, “10 Questions to Your Big Payday” speaks more than the dollars that you will soon deposit into your checking account. Instead, the questions will hopefully direct you to that vocation of work that employs the call of your life, a call that fills you emotionally, psychologically…and of course, financially.
Enjoy the journey!
10 Questions to Your Big Payday
1. What type of work do YOU enjoy?
2. Does time fly by when you leisurely take on a hobby?
3. Have you noticed others making money with your hobby?
4. What skills/tasks come easily to you?
5. What skills/tasks do you do that feel effortless to you?
6. What are your strengths?
7. What are you passionate about?
8. What creates enthusiasm for you?
9. How do you find significance in what you do?
10. Do you find most satisfaction when you work alone or with others?
Work and fun are not required to live as polar opposites. Identifying work that fits your unique personality and abilities is a great step toward your big payday, practically and emotionally!