“Back to the ole salt mine”…”Another day…another dollar”…”Back to my box”…are phrases I have actually said to express how I really felt about my work – something that I simply had to endure. From the start of our time on this globe (even before the great temptation and tragic fall), I have to remember that work was meant to be a part of our lives. Adam was placed into the garden of Eden… [Genesis 2:15]
- to cultivate it;
- to keep it;
Yes, to work.
Though work is not a new concept, the way I respond to work makes a huge impact in the way I live and enjoy the life I have today. There can be a golden opportunity in your discovering work that you enjoy.
Where do you begin to find the work that you enjoy?
Think about the types of activities and hobbies you really enjoy during your free time:
- do you love writing?
- are you most content in your garden?
- do you enjoy helping others with repairs (carpentry, computers, small engines)?
- are you eager to help a friend clean & organize?
- do you spend hours playing around with graphic design?
- are you constantly looking for sales deals & couponing
- do you ever catch yourself smiling as you creatively scrapbook?
Many work-at-home businesses literally began by people, like you, who simply turned their free-time activities into a money-making business that they continue to work from their homes. Identifying the activities you enjoy is key to building the foundation of a work-at-home business that you will also enjoy.
So, what activities and hobbies to you enjoy most in your free time?